chocolate, and they keep for a few weeks in the fridge. They're perfect for gifts, and you get to lick the bowl after rolling them out! This recipe is easily adaptable - I make different variants every year. This year I went tropical, with a mix of coconut, candied ginger and candied pineapple. Another family favourite is with flecks of finely grated lemon rind, coconut and a dash of Malibu liqueur.
Submitted for Very Good Recipes "White Christmas Challenge"
- 250g White chocolate
- 60ml cream
- dash liqueur/flavouring (I used Limoncello)
- 1 cup finely textured ingredient (In my case, 1/4 cup mixed chopped candied ginger and pineapple, and 3/4 cup dessicated coconut)
- Melt chocolate and cream, then stir in other ingredients (only half cup of the textured ingredient).
- Chill mix, then take out and put teaspoon-sized lumps on a tray with baking paper and refrigerate for another ½ hour.
- Then remove, roll into balls and coat with remaining powder.