It's hard not to get inspired in Provence. Sometimes I replicate what I eat to the best of my ability, sometimes I ask the chef for the recipe, and others, I take pieces of inspiration from the dish and create something a little more me. This is the first kind, replicated from an incredible gazpacio de poivron avec gambas from La Bastide de Gordes to the best of my ability.
The rest of my post on Gordes can be found here - the recipe resides below.
For the soup:
- 4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red capsicums (peppers)
- 1 medium continental cucumber (or 2 small lebanese), peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small salad onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- salt, pepper, brown sugar and tabasco to taste