- 6 eggs
- 3 Tahitian limes, zested and juiced (about 100ml liquid)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ¼ cup ground almonds (200g)
- 1 cup finely desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
for the syrup
- ¼ cup grated jaggery (or raw sugar)
- ¼ cup water
- zest of one lime
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Beat eggs and sugar on a high speed until smooth and creamy, and then add lime juice and zest, salt and baking powder. Finally stir in almonds and coconut with a spoon.
- Pour into a lined tin (I used a 20cm one) and bake for 55 minutes or until a spike tests clean.
- Just before serving, place the syrup ingredients into a small pan and heat until dissolved nicely. Pour over cake (can be served warm or cold).
- Don't think you can do this without baking paper. It's a sticky cake, and a greased tin just won't cut it.
- Metric measurements - 1 cup = 250ml Conversion link here
Just give me kisses in the comments - you will totally want to marry me once you've made this...