Still on a low sugar diet for the kiddies. The date cakes were such a success yesterday (all gone in 24 hours), I thought I might do a twist on the carrot cake. So here we go - carrot cookies, or "Carrotees" as they are called now.
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 100g butter (melted)
- 1 carrot, finely grated (medium to large)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Beat eggs with vanilla, honey and melted butter, then fold in flour sifted with cinnamon and bi-carb.
- add grated carrot and mix together lightly with your hands, then form into lumpy bite-sized balls and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake for approx 15 minutes, or until lightly browned (will still be a little soft)
Healthy inclusions: 7/10
Unhealthy inclusions: 2/10